Shortcuts, Website Reports, an MSP Podcast & More...
Hello IT Pro,
We're looking for IT-related websites to share with the community... the sites that help you do your job better and more easily. Please leave a comment with your suggestions, and we'll be featuring them in the coming weeks.
As always, you can find the IT Pro Tuesday full list on our website here. Enjoy.
But on with this week's tools...! Here are the most-interesting items that have come across our desks, laptops and phones this week. As always, EveryCloud has no known affiliation with any of these unless we explicitly state otherwise.
A handy keyboard shortcut from CuddlePirate420:
Ctrl + Alt + End brings up shutdown/restart options for Remote Desktop
Revo Uninstaller removes unwanted programs and traces. The free version can uninstall Windows apps, scan for leftovers after a standard uninstall, includes 8 additional cleaning tools and offers free support. Appreciation goes to mythofechelon for sharing this one.
A shortcut list compliments of DenverITGuy, with additions from lzgr, 5Vikings3, negabiggz and projectdp.
Run (Win + R) is your friend:
- control smscfgrc (for ConfigMgr Client applet)
- control printers (for devices & printers)
- sysdm.cpl (for System Properties, joining workgroup/domain)
- mstsc -v:<serverName> (for RDP session)
- dsa.msc (for ADUC)
- gpmc.msc (for Group Pol Mgmt Console)
- gpedit.msc (for Local Grou Pol Console)
- devmgmt.msc (Device Management)
- lusrmgr.msc (local users mgmt console)
- mmc.exe (blank mmc console - add your snap-ins)
- ncpa.cpl (Network Connections)
- appwiz.cpl opens add/remove programs
- certmgr.msc opens certificate manager
- certlm.msc Local computer certificate management instead of going through MMC to add it
- diskmgmt.msc (Disk Management)
You can do all this from cmd/posh prompt.
Netcraft Site Report offers in-depth reports on a website. Just enter the site address and your report appears in seconds, right in your browser window. Provides information on background, networking, SSL/TLS, hosting, SPF, DMARC, trackers and technology. Another great suggestion from mythofechelon.
Frankly MSP features insightful interviews, insights and analysis from experts and fellow MSPs. This bi-weekly podcast shares practical tips and news that will help your IT business become more productive, efficient and profitable. Kindly suggested by Corey Trach.
P.S. Bonus Free Tools
TechBench by WZT is a website where you can quickly find the downloads you need from Microsoft servers. Suggested by heroz0r to "help you without tedious search and registration to download Windows operating systems, Office applications, language packs, and virtual machines directly from Microsoft servers."
DBAN is an open-source data wiping application that can delete information stored on hard disk drives and remove viruses/spyware from Microsoft Windows installations. Our own Matt Frye recommends it as the "best, fastest and easiest way to wipe a disk so nothing comes back (short of physical destruction)."
Have a fantastic week and as usual, let me know any comments.
Graham | CEO | EveryCloud